TEOBROMINE is a plant-derived alkaloid that occurs naturally in cocoa seeds (Theobroma cacao) and tea leaves (Camellia sinensis). It is a chemical compound with a structure similar to caffeine, but its stimulant effect is weaker.
Here are some key properties of theobromine:
- Stimulating effect: Theobromine has an effect on the central nervous system, similar to that of caffeine, although with less intensity. It can slightly increase alertness, agitation and concentration.
- Cardiovascular support: Theobromine can act as a vasodilator, helping to lower blood pressure. It also promotes blood flow to the brain, which may have a beneficial effect on cognitive function.
- Diuretic effects: Theobromine exhibits diuretic effects, which may help eliminate excess fluids from the body and support detoxification.
- Antioxidant properties: Theobromine in cocoa beans has antioxidant effects, protecting cells from free radical damage.
- Lung function support: theobromine can act as a bronchial smooth muscle relaxant, which can be helpful in relieving symptoms of asthma and other respiratory conditions.
Dosage: 300-500 mg