VITAMIN B5, also known as pantothenic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin of the B vitamin group. It is essential for the proper functioning of the body and is involved in many important metabolic processes.
Properties and health benefits of vitamin B5:
Energy production. Participates in metabolic processes, converting nutrients (carbohydrates, fats and proteins) into energy.
Synthesis of hormones and cholesterol: Pantothenic acid is crucial for the synthesis of hormones such as cortisol, aldosterone and estrogen, as well as for cholesterol production.
Supporting nervous system health: Vitamin B5 influences the functioning of the nervous system, helping to maintain healthy cognitive and emotional function.
Skin and hair regeneration. Vitamin floats to maintain healthy skin and hair, participating in tissue regeneration and cell growth processes.
- meat (especially poultry, beef, pork)
- fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel)
- milk and dairy products (yogurt, kefir, cheese)
- whole grain cereal products (bread, pasta, cereal)
- legumes (beans, chickpeas, lentils)
- vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach).
Dosage: 5 mg per day.