TAURINE is an organic sulfur compound, an amino acid that occurs naturally in human and animal bodies, as well as in certain foods such as meat, fish and dairy. Taurine is also a popular ingredient in dietary supplements and energy drinks.
Here are some key health benefits and functions of taurine:
- Supporting nervous system function. Plays an important role as a neurotransmitter and modulator, affecting nervous system function and communication between nerve cells.
- Regulation of electrolyte balance. Participates in maintaining water-electrolyte balance in cells, which is important for the proper functioning of muscles, including the heart muscle.
- Supporting heart health. Can help lower blood pressure, regulate heart rhythm and prevent myocardial contractions, resulting in improved heart health.
- Supporting the immune system. Affects the function of white blood cells and may support the body’s normal immune response.
- Vision protection. Is present in high concentrations in the retina, where it plays an important role in protecting eye cells from oxidative damage.
- Liver function support. Taurine contributes to the production of bile and cleansing the body of toxins, which supports normal liver function.
Dosage: 500 mg to 2,000 mg daily